You have lots of possessions, but not enough space in your home to stack it? Storage shortage can pose to be quite problematic, especially if you live in a small house or apartment. No worries! You’ll be amazed at the possibilities that can open up in your existing space. With a little imagination, a bit of creativity and some organizing skills, you can find ways and means to neatly hoard your belongings in underused nooks and crannies. Read on for some clever home storage solutions.
- Install Shelving: Store bought inserts enables you to take advantage of the less-used vertical space. However, make sure not to stack too many boxes on top of each other, or else the bottom ones will crumple under the weight. Shelving not only helps pack right up to the ceiling but also keeps the cartons structurally sound.
- Uniform Boxes: Uniform boxes are perfect for storing personal items. Remember to place heavier stuff at the bottom and the lighter items on top. Also fill in the gaps with packing paper to protect and keep the contents stable.
- Vacuum Bags: Vacuum bags are very handy to pack bulky items in an organized manner for long term storage. The bags completely seal the stuff and keep mold, mildew, odors, and bugs at bay.
- Label & Keep Inventory: If you are packing away a whole lot of items, odds of your storage becoming ‘out of sight, out of mind’ are high. It is wise to label the boxes clearly and keep an inventory of what is inside. This will help retrieve something you need down the road, without too much headache.
- Prioritize: Keep frequently used items within arm’s reach of the cabinet and the lesser used ones at the back. Thoughtfully stored stuff will allow you to access your belongings without shuffling and upsetting your organizational system.
- Fragile Goods: Wrap glassware and crystal individually in bubble paper and surround it with extra cushioning to reduce the odds of breakage. Ensure the delicate pieces make up the top layer of your carton. Also, don’t forget to use ‘Fragile’ stickers on the outside of boxes.
Storage does not have to be a hassle! If planned meticulously your possessions will be safe, secure and readily accessible when needed. However, if you still need more storage space, consider renting a unit. Look no further than West Bellfort Self Storage to accommodate your needs! As Houston’s premium storage facility, we stop at nothing but to guarantee excellent service and complete satisfaction. Call us today at 281-561-0200 to find out more about our distinguished solutions.