Whether you are moving out on a new assignment only to be back after a few months or heading out for some adventure, recreation and action, keeping your things back home safe and secure is an important pre-requisite.
Storage units thus prove handy when it comes to storing household utilities. Storage units don’t just save you from the hassles of carrying your stuff but also helps you keep your belongings safe from the dangers of theft and loss.
Having said this, one still needs to be cautious about storing household stuff in self storage units. Here are top 5 tips for storing your amenities in self-storage units:
- Know your needs - Prepare a list of all the items you want to store in the storage unit. From knick-knacks to expensive furniture, electronics and clothes, the better you know your needs the easier it will be to hunt for a storage unit that accommodates your requirements perfectly. In case your belongings require constant temperatures, go in for storage units equipped with climate control systems.
- Pack them perfectly - You’ll definitely not want to get back to damaged and spoilt products. Ensure that you wrap and pack your stuff perfectly, protecting them from dust, stains and spill marks.
- Disassemble to break them down to smaller pieces - The more space your belongings would take, higher will be the area required leading to an increase in the storage cost. Disassembling your furniture and equipments into smaller handy and manageable parts before storing them is a viable option.
- Stack them prudently - Proper storage will surely keep the shape and structure of the furniture intact. Keeping heavy and big structures at the bottom and lighter boxes on top is the key. Make sure you do not keep the furniture directly on the floor level. Use pallets to keep them off the floor. This will help avoid any damage caused due to melting snow.
- Secure them properly - While all storage units provide round the clock safety, it always pays to be well protected. Use an all-weather lock pad to enhance the safety of your storage space.
If you too are looking for self-storage units in Houston go if for the best facilities. At West Bellfort Self Storage, we provide the right sized units all outfitted with the latest amenities. Conveniently located and well equipped, our self-storage units in Houston are cheap and affordable. Call us at 281-561-0200, to learn more about our wide range of self storage units.